How do I use telephone numbers with different area codes in a Cloud Telefonanlage (branch capability)
By assigning telephone numbers of one customer number to the Cloud Telefonanlage of another customer number, telephone numbers of different area codes can be managed and used within one single Cloud Telefonanlage. This enables, for example, the use of speed dials, call groups, busy lamp field, call transfer or call pickup across different area codes and facilitates the administration of different locations.
- You only need one Cloud Telefonanlage to manage multiple trunks and customer numbers.
- Calls will be billed for the corresponding customer number of the trunk, not the customer number of the Cloud Telefonanlage they might be assigned to. For this, you may consider to set up collective invoice.
1. Log in to the easybell customer portal with the customer number whose phone number you want to register in the Cloud Telefonanlage of another customer number.
2. Go to "Phone settings" → "Manage numbers" and choose the desired phone number.
3. You can change the "mode" of your phone numbers either by clicking on the blue button or by expanding the phone numbers menue. Please switch the phone number to "PBX" mode.
4. In the row “Assign this trunk to other Cloud Telefonanlage”, please click on the gear-symbol on the right.
5. In the next window, enter the customer number and customer portal password under which the trunk will be managed in the future and click “Login”.
6. After clicking on “Login”, an email with a confirmation link each is sent to the administrators of both customer numbers.
7. The next window displays the current status of the changes. There you can also reset the assignment if you have made an error.
8. After both parties have clicked the confirmation links in the mails, the PBX trunk can be managed in the cloud PBX.