When resetting to factory settings, all settings that you have made in the FRITZ!Box will be deleted!
A factory reset is only necessary in exceptional cases!
Prepare all access data beforehand. You can find the easybell access data for DSL and telephony in our customer portal.
If you have access to the FRITZ!Box menu, you can also make a backup of all settings so that you can restore them later if necessary.
To reset the FRITZ!Box you have the choice between two procedures: Via the web interface of the FRITZ!Box or via a connected telephone.
Reset via web interface
- Open the interface of the FRITZ!Box in an internet browser. If you have problems doing this, here are some hints for logging in to a FRITZ!Box.
- Then navigate to the "System" menu and select "Reset".
Reset with a phone
Make sure that the phone is set up in your FRITZ!Box under Telephony/Phone Devices. Tone dialing must be activated. Resetting the FRITZ!Box to factory settings is generally not possible with an IP telephone!
- Call up the user interface of the FRITZ!Box.
- If you have password-protected access to the user interface: Enter the password and click “Login”.
- Or: Click on “Reset” below the password prompt and follow the instructions. (If you do not enter a password, you must first disconnect the FRITZ!Box from the mains for a short time and then reconnect it, since you can only reset it in this way within the first 10 minutes after a restart).
- Switch to the “Factory settings” tab and click “Load factory settings”.
- Answer the question “Should the factory settings be restored?” with “OK”.
- Enter #991*15901590* on the telephone and press the call key (lift handset).
- Replace the handset after approx. 3 seconds.
- After restarting, the FRITZ!Box will have been sucessfully reset to the factory settings. It can take up to 5 minutes before the FRITZ!Box is reachable again.