Name: V7621 A2
Capable with the following easybell connections:
- easybell Komplett (ADSL, VDSL, FTTH)
- easybell Call (Private customer telephony)
Connecting the telephone
- Connecting the phone with the Port “Phone 1” or “Phone 2” via an RJ11 cable or the included RJ11 TAE adapter
- If you have got a pre-configured router from easybell, the port 1 is already pre-configured for your main phone number. You do not need to do anything else.
Sign into the web interface of your router
- Connect your router via ethernet cable or WiFi (SSID: easybell; password at the back of your device).
- Enter the IP address of the router (Standard: 192.168.1.1) into the address bar of your browser.
- Use the following login information::
- user name: user
- password: user
- We recommend you create your own password after the first registration (via “Admin”/“Password”).
Setting up VoIP telephony
- Please notice before setting up, that your router has already been connected to the internet.
- Please click “VoIP” and now “Port 1“ or “Port 2”, depending on which port you took for the telephone.
- Now please enter the following parameter to Proxy 0 (or with Port 2: Proxy 1):
- Number: Your phone number in the international format (like 00493012345678)
- Login ID: Your phone number in the international format
- Password: Your SIP password. You can find your phone numbers under settings in the customer portal.
- All the other settings for Proxy are already configured for easybell. Please double-check them with the screenshot below.
- SIP-Port 5060 is normally the right one. If you’ve got any problem with the connection or want to use the port 5060 for another client, please choose the alternative SIP-Port 5064.
- Choose at “Payload Type” the “101”.
- Choose “G711-alaw” as the first codec. 2nd: “G722”, 3rd: “G711-ulaw”, 4th: “G729” or deactivate it.
- Please deactivate “T.38”. This fax protocol is not supported by other big providers anymore. So your faxes are transferred reliably when “T.38” is off.
- Now click “Apply”.