How can I optimize my DSL speed?
The connection is not always to blame for slow internet speeds. By following our checklist we can help you optimize to get the most of the performance that we offer.
- Do not rely on the speed tests offered on the internet as most of them are too slow or perhaps just too busy to deliver a good result. Especially in the evening hours most internet offers are slower due to higher internet traffic.
- Within the menu, many router offer DSL information where can see how fast your router sychronizes. This is a reliable indication of the speed you can expect to surf the internet if all other disturbing factors are excluded.
- Experience has shown that it takes 24 hours for a new connection to reach full connection speed.
- Check all cable connections for safe contact.
- Using Wi-Fi will often lead to considerable loses in speed. Please test your DSL speed with a cable connection.
- Switch off all other devices in your network as other devices may be slowing your speed due to high traffic.
- Please check your computer settings. Test the port with another computer to rule out yours as a source of error.
The most common cause is not optimal network settings, which Windows sets very conservatively. The parameter TcpRcvWin is decisive. This parameter specifies how much data is “let through”. If the “window” is too small, not enough data will pass through, which will reduce the DSl speed.