How can I transfer my line without any interruptions?
If you’ve already got a DSL or cable line at your requested address and want to change to easybell, we recommend you to order a takeover of your line for the following advantages:
- We take the notice of your provider and every further communication concerning the takeover (even if you’ve already terminated).
- We port your phone numbers.
- We guarantee a transmission without any interruptions.
Here are the single steps of the transfer:
- At the beginning of your order, click “yes” to “Have you already got a line of another provider at your requested address?”.
- Now we ask you about your provider and the numbers to port. You need to port at least one phone number.
- After the order, we will send you the completed porting form. Please sign it and send it back to easybell.
- After that, your current provider will give us the next possible termination date. This depends on the rest of your contract period.
- On the day of activation, your former provider will turn off the line and we will take it over during several hours. A technician’s date is mostly not necessary. (exception: You want to change from a cable line to easybell.)
- It’s better to let us do your notice of your former provider. Please order in time. We only can make sure that the notice works, if you send us the porting form signed back within 30 days before the end of your contract period. Then, we’ve got the opportunity to ask your former provider, in case they haven't been transferred yet. A shorter deadline is possible as well, but without a guarantee of a proper notice of termination.
- We send you a confirmation via email as soon as your former provider has accepted the takeover and the notice of termination. If you haven’t received a confirmation the day before the expiration of your notice period, please terminate the contract on your own and inform us.
- If you’ve already terminated on your own, you can still order a takeover. Please notice that the signed porting form has to be sent back to us at least four weeks before your current provider will turn the line off.