My internet connection breaks off with the error message “You can't get in here”. What now?
If your FRITZ!Box often cannot connect to the internet or our telephone service and you receive the error message "You can't get in here", this can have two reasons.
1 Your router is configured incorrectly.
2. There were problems with your circuit.
First test error source. If you are unable to correct the error with the following instructions, please contact us:
Disable PVC for Internet telephony
Important: You must have activated the extended view of your FRITZ!Box for these instructions:
- Call up the user interface of the FRITZ!Box.
- Click on “System” and then on “View”.
- Activate the option “Extended view” and click on “Apply”.
- Click on “Telephony” > “Own phone numbers” (Internet telephony with older firmware).
- Switch to the “Port Settings” tab (advanced settings for older firmware).
- Deactivate the option “Use another connection for Internet telephony via DSL (PVC)”.
- Save the setting with “Apply”.
All advanced Internet telephony settings can be found here.
Setting up Internet access data manually
Caution: All settings will be lost during this step! Only carry it out if you have all the access data at hand and are well acquainted with the operation of the FRITZ!Box!
If the first step was not successful, you should check whether you have set up access via a preselected provider under Internet/Access data. These default settings occasionally prevent a correct connection to easybell. For Internet providers, select the option “Other provider”. But be careful! Make sure that you have all your provider's access data at hand. Otherwise you will lose your Internet connection.
Caution: All settings will be lost during this step! Only carry out this step if you have all the access data at hand and are very familiar with the operation of the FRITZ!Box!
If the previous steps were not successful, carry out a factory reset in your FRITZ!Box and enter all access data again.
For security reasons, first save your settings by clicking on “Save” via “System/Save settings”.
Then click on “System/Reset” and then on the “Factory settings” tab. Read the warnings. If you are completely sure what you are doing, click on the “Load factory settings” button.