SIP trunk phone connections
Up to 200 parallel calls
Phone number without monthly costs
Up to 1 year free test period*
Hosted PBX with numerous features
Easy and intuitive handling
Extensions from 60 cent/month*
Internet & phone for businesses
VDSL connections with up to 100 Mbps
SIP trunk telephone connections
Integrated Cloud PBX on demand
- SIP trunks
- Cloud Telefonanlage (Cloud PBX)
- Business DSL solutions
How can I optimize my DSL speed?
The connection is not always to blame for internet speed being too low. Please follow our checklist to get the most of the performance we offer.
- Do not rely on the speed tests offered on the internet. Most of them are too slow or perhaps just too busy to deliver a good result. Especially in the evening hours most internet offers are slower, because they are used by many people at the same time.
- Look in the menu of your router. Many routers offer DSL information. There you can see how fast your router synchronizes. This is also the speed with which you can surf the internet, if all other disturbing factors are excluded.
- Experience has shown that it takes 24 hours for a new connection to reach full connection speed.
- Check all cable connections for safe contact.
- Do you use Wi-Fi? This often leads to considerable loss of speed. Please test your DSL speed with a cable connection.
- Switch off all other devices in your network. It may be that another device is causing a constantly high traffic.
- Please check your computer settings. Test the port with another computer to rule out yours as a source of error.
The most common cause is not optimal network settings, which Windows sets very conservatively. The parameter TcpRcvWin is decisive. This parameter specifies how much data is “let through”. If the “window” is too small, not enough data will pass through, which will reduce the DSl speed.