What do I have to do on the day of the technician's date?
At the date of activation, someone has to be at home from 8 a.m. to 1 a.m. to let the technician into your flat or get him access to the house distributor. Please check, where the house distributor is and how to get the technician to it before. Mostly, it is in the basement, maybe you need the key. You get it from the caretaker.
Please make sure that
- your name on the doorbell panel is good to read.
- In option, you can write a little note with an information for the technician where to ring, and put it at the doorbell.
- Please check, if the doorbell works.
- If a neighbour subs you, please write a note and put it at your doorbell to inform the technician where to ring.
- You don’t have to connect the router to your telephone line yet, since the technician will bring his own testing device.
- Please note that the in-house cabling between the house distributor (APL) and your apartment must be present and intact. However, the Telekom technician can install a telephone socket if required.