Yeastar S-Serie VoIP PBX
Product name: S-Series IP PBX
Manufacturer website: yeastar.com
Please make sure, you’ve read our information about the form of phone numbers for incoming calls.
In Yeastar open the General PBX settings. There, open the "SIP" tab and subsequently "Advanced". Make sure, that the from header is used to receive the caller ID, and that DID is received via "Invite". These settings should already be set by default.
easybell customer portal
If you wish to activate CLIP-no-screening and transmit a different number than your trunk number, please open the easybell customer portal.
- Go to the settings of the trunk in the customer portal under "Manage numbers".
- Open the item "Calling Line Identification (CLIP)".
- Please activate the "device-dependent caller ID (CLIP no screening)" and make sure that the option "From-Display" is selected under "SIP field containing CLIP".
- Then please read and accept the instructions and save the configuration with "Apply".
After you got the VoIP provider account, you need to configure the account in Yeastar S-Series.
- Go to Settings > PBX > Trunks, click Add.
- In the new window, select ITSP from the Template drop-down menu; Germany from the Country; easybell from the ITSP.
The default configuration of easybell will automatically emerge. Enter the SIP account details in the blank.
Name: give a name for the VoIP trunk.
Trunk Type: Register Trunk.
Username: your easybell account user name.
Authentication Name: your easybell account authentication name.
From User: the same as the user name.
Password: your easybell account password.
Caller ID Number: your easybell DID number.
Caller ID Name: give a name for easybell caller.
- Click Save button and Apply. Go to PBX Monitor App to check if the Service Provider trunk is connected successfully.
Outbound Route with easybell SIP Trunk
To make outbound calls via the new created SIP trunk, you need configure an outbound route for the trunk.
- Go to Settings > PBX > Call Control > Outbound Routes, click Add.
- Configure the outbound route.
The system compares the number with the pattern that you have defined in your route 1. If matches, it will initiate the call using the selected trunks. If it does not, it will compare the
number with the pattern you have defined in route 2 and so on. The outbound route which is in a higher position will be matched firstly.
Adjust the outbound route sequence by clicking these buttons:
Name: give a name for the outbound route.
Dial Patterns: set the dial patterns. As the settings below, to make calls via the easybell SIP trunk, you need precede the number to be dialed with the prefix 8.
Dial Pattern: 8.
Member Trunks: select the easybell SIP trunk.
Member Extensions: select the extensions that are allowed to make calls through the
- Click Save and Apply Changes. Now you can make outbound calls through the easybell SIP trunk. As the dial patterns configured above, you need dial digit 8 before the destination number.
For example, to call the number 4901234567, you need dial 84901234567 on your phone.
Inbound Route with easybell SIP Trunk
Specify how calls from the easybell SIP trunk should be routed. You need configure an inbound route for the SIP trunk.
- Go to Settings > PBX > Call Control > Inbound Routes, click Add.
- Configure the inbound route.
Name: specify the inbound route.
Member Trunks: choose the easybell SIP trunk.
Destination: select the destination where the incoming calls will be routed.
- Click Save and Apply. When you call in the SIP trunk, the call will be routed to the destination configured on the inbound route.